ND EPSCoR :: News & Events :: ND EPSCoR 2012 State Conference :: Abstract Registration Instructions :: Main
Printable Version (pdf)
BEGINNINGS, BREAKTHROUGHS & BEAUTIFUL IDEAS
including the ND EPSCoR 2012 STATE CONFERENCE
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Alerus Center – 1200 42nd Street South – Grand Forks, ND
POSTER ABSTRACT SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Submission DEADLINE: NOON, Wednesday, August 29, 2012
NOTE: Display area allotted each poster is 4'W x 3’H. Poster space is limited up to 300 spaces. Poster abstracts will be considered on a first come first serve basis. Posters submitted late or beyond the 300 posters spaces available will not be accepted.
Abstract Format and Description: Follow the instructions and sample abstract below.
Required Format: (all abstracts not submitted in this format will be returned).
Sample Abstract Title
STUDENT NAME & MENTOR NAME, Ph.D., Campus & Dept Name
Sponsor: ND EPSCoR
75-Word Abstract – 9 point Arial font – single spacing
Please read and follow ALL DIRECTIONS carefully before submitting your abstract:
1) Abstracts must be submitted by the student presenting, not the faculty mentor.
2) Submit abstracts in Microsoft Word. Use 9 point Arial font only. Use Single spacing.
3) Abstract title in Upper and Lower Case and bolded. (Capitalize first letters, but do not capitalize conjunctions, articles, and short prepositions).
4) AUTHORS in UPPER CASE with an ampersand (&) between the author & mentor, followed by a comma and the Institution (where you conducted the research) in Upper and Lower case.
5) Give the name of the agency or department that funded your research (Sponsor: ND EPSCoR, NSF, etc.).
6) Type the 75-words or less abstract next with no indentations. Do NOT use hard returns.
7) Proof read all material carefully for completeness, spelling, and grammar because your page will be imported directly into the conference poster booklet.
8) Save the completed abstract to your desktop, then submit via email attachment to email@example.com
9) In your email message, use ABSTRACT as your Subject line, and include the following information in the body of your text: • Name of Student Presenting • Mentor Name • Department you are working in • Phone number where you can be reached (include area code) • Abstract Topic Area (Select One):
- Biological Sciences (e.g., NSF)
- Engineering Sciences
- Medical Sciences (e.g., NIH)
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- Social & Behavioral Sciences
• If you do not receive a reply within 3 days that your abstract has been received, please contact Cathy Lerud at 701.777.2511.
• Refer to Poster Guidelines and Presentation Times on the ND EPSCoR website.
• Abstract submission DOES NOT register you for the conference. Conference registration is open until NOON, Tuesday, September 11th, at www.ndepscor.nodak.edu