REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS - UND CAMPUS
IIP EQUIPMENT GRANT INITIATIVE
ISSUED: October 8, 2009
DEADLINE: NOON, December 1, 2009
TO: Faculty in the Sciences, Engineering, and Mathematics
FROM: Mark R. Hoffmann, ND EPSCoR Co-Project Director
Assistant Vice President for Research and Economic Development
RE: ND EPSCoR–UND CAMPUS IIP EQUIPMENT GRANT INITIATIVE
ND EPSCoR–UND Campus invites proposals from tenure or tenure-track researchers in the sciences, mathematics and engineering to address one of our most critical research needs: the acquisition of state-of-the-art equipment. Only one proposal per PI is allowed.
The maximum request is $50,000 per proposal. ND EPSCoR at UND anticipates making 4 awards. Supporting funding is allowed, but not required.
Applications in response to the RFP are due in the UND ND EPSCoR office by Noon, Tuesday, December 1, 2009. Following an external review and internal panel review, award announcements will be made on or about February 1, 2010.
Equipment purchased through this program must be received by Monday, August 2, 2010. Encumbered funds will revert to ND EPSCoR after this date with the PI responsible for return shipping and restocking fees for all equipment received on this date or later.
• Potential to contribute to the quality of existing research or to facilitate new research.
• Potential to submit a competitive traditional single-PI grant proposal to NSF within one year of the end of the award period.
• Quality of the plan for the care/maintenance of the equipment.
• Impact on the university infrastructure, including managing shared use.
• Potential to contribute to the education and training of students and/or post-docs.
Proposal Requirements Check List
Proposal Hard Copies: Original + 4 (all copies stapled)
Proposal Electronic Copy: Send complete proposal, as a single PDF file, to email@example.com
Proposals that do not comply with the checklist will be returned without review.
Submit in the Following Order:
1. ND EPSCoR Cover Page—Available at www.ndepscor.nodak.edu
2. Executive Summary—One page limit.
3. Project Description—Describe the research, with emphasis on the use of the equipment and its importance to research competitiveness in North Dakota. The piece of equipment must be valued at a minimum of $5K and, thus, would be included in university inventory. Project description page limit is eight (8) double-spaced pages with no less than 10 point font and margins one inch or larger.
4. Vendor Quotes—Vendor quotes for the purpose of review are encouraged. It is recognized that many vendor quotes will expire prior to the award date and that the actual purchase will follow established practices from UND Purchasing, including either bidding or sole sourcing.
5. CV—NSF style. Two page limit.
6. NSF-style Current and Pending Support form.
7. NSF-style Budget Sheet—Available at www.ndepscor.nodak.edu
Please direct questions to Mark R. Hoffmann at 701.777.2492 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about ND EPSCoR and other funding opportunities, please visit the Web site at www.ndepscor.nodak.edu